God’s Acres is a place to provide all ages of the community (Otter Tail Lakes area) an outdoor opportunity to inspire and strengthen the health of their body, mind and soul in a natural setting. This unique setting is located adjacent to Zion Lutheran Church of Amor, 36051 County Highway #74, Battle Lake, MN, just off of Cty. Hwy. #1.
God’s Acres is an evolving thirty plus acre recreational/meditational area located in the heart of Otter Tail County. Recently added adjacent to God’s Acres is the historical Shellman Home (originally built in the 1870’s, where decisions shaping Amor township were made.) All are welcome to come and enjoy the many amenities. It is open May 1-November 1 dawn to dusk with ski trails, snow permitting in the winter.
While here make sure you check out all the recreation and mediation amenities as well as the community garden. The playground is an absolute child and adult/child’s dream and a must see.
God’s Acres is maintained and evolving by a group of volunteers and donations only. We welcome your feedback and assistance in anyway, but most of all we want you, your family and friends to enjoy this hidden gem in Otter Tail County. Future projects are a Veterans Memorial and amphitheater. You may visit us and/or our website at www.zionamor.org#1gods-acres.
If you are interested in a tour of God’s Acres and are unable to walk please contact Zion Lutheran Church 218-495-2563 or 218-371-1866 to schedule a motorized tour.
God’s Acres- Community Wellness for the Body, Mind & Soul
Recreational amenities include:
• A beautiful nine hole Frisbee golf course which winds through pine trees, a field of dreams and a berry hedge
• Pickle ball/basketball court
• Horseshoe pits
• Volleyball area
• Soccer field
• Baseball field
• Master mile marked off at every tenth of a mile as it winds through the beautiful thirty acres
• Playground area with modern playground equipment and a walk back in time with a mud kitchen, old fashioned water pump, full size and small tractor for play
• Checkers area made from stumps and stones
• Tic tac area from stumps
• Stones and wire
• Tee pee
• Wigwam made from willows from God’s Acres
• A 12×12 sandbox
• A snake and alligator made from tires
• A music area
• Picnic area with a shelter in the playground
• An obstacle course for older children and more
Meditation amenities include:
• A prayer garden with a gazebo, fountain, roses and day lilies.
• A labyrinth for a quiet meditation walk in nature.
• Nine garden spaces are available for reservation. Gardens are fenced in with water supply. A Sunday Market is held August-October 9-11am at Zion Lutheran Church.